Here are a few important facts about this car chase sequence:
- Yes, Tom did 100% of the car chase stunt driving
- They went through 8 Chevelles to film that scene, a 9th was given to Tom
- The scene where ‘Jack’ fishtails into the water divider and the Chevelle stalls, was not planned/faked, it actually happened and the director Christopher McQuarrie decided to keep filming while Tom kept acting!
- Tom had some ‘near misses’ during the filming and has said it was one of the more dangerous stunts he’s done
- A similar 1969 Chevy Chevelle was a TeamTC member’s first car and coincidentally, he drove it exactly the same way. (Don’t tell his mom;)
Leave us a comment below and be sure to connect with the entire TomCruise.com community on Twitter, Facebook, WhoSay, Orkut, Gree, Sina Weibo, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest, VK, and Tencent Weibo. Plus, get all the latest news and insider information when you sign up for the TomCruise.com official newsletter today!
Tom’s Film and Events Calendar…