Tom Cruise Photos: Cameron Crowe

Tomcruise.com added exclusive, black-and-white pictures of Tom Cruise with many of the filmmakers he’s worked with over the years. Today, we focus on a prolific journalist, screenwriter, author, and film director, Cameron Crowe.

Crowe grew up in San Diego, writing for his high school newspaper and contributing to various underground music magazines in the area. He graduated high school early and was submitting articles to publications such as Penthouse, Playboy, Creem, Circus and the Los Angeles Times. In 1972, he met Rolling Stone editor Ben Fong-Torres and joined the magazine’s staff, interviewing some of the world’s most influential musicians, including David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, and members of Led Zepplin.

Although he continued to freelance for Rolling Stone, he decided to pursue writing a book, and went back to high school, undercover, to write about teenage life. Fast Times at Ridgemont High became a bestseller, and Crowe was asked to pen the screenplay for a film version, which became a cult classic. Since then, Crowe has written and directed some of Hollywood’s most memorable movies, including ‘Say Anything…,’ ‘Singles,’ ‘Almost Famous,’ and ‘Elizabethtown.’ Of course, Crowe worked on two films with Cruise, ‘Jerry Maguire’ and ‘Vanilla Sky.’

Jerry Maguire‘ was shot in four month at over 70 locations in the Los Angeles area, as well as in parts of Tempe and Phoenix, Arizona. With so many different environments, from the bustling offices of the cutthroat sports agency SMI to the warm and inviting home of Dorothy Body (played by Renee Zellweger), Crowe enlisted production designer Stephen Lineweaver to construct these sets at Sony Studios and subtly infuse sports advertising colors (orange from basketballs, yellow from team jerseys) into the backdrops.

Check out other filming locations at the Tom Cruise movie timeline, or watch the movie trailers for both Cameron Crowe and Tom Cruise movies ‘Jerry Maguire‘ and ‘Vanilla Sky.’

Rockin’ Film Facts:
‘Jerry Maguire’ was nominated for five Academy Awards, including Best Original Screenplay, Best Picture, Best Film Editing, Best Actor for Tom Cruise, and Best Supporting Actor for Cuba Gooding Jr., which he won.

Click to add this Blog to Your iGoogle Page!